Would you like to join our growing team? We are hiring!
Mechanical Engineer 2
House of Design LLC, a robotics system integrator in Nampa, Idaho, is seeking an exceptional individual who can immediately impact our efforts to develop and implement cutting-edge automated solutions. This full-time person will bring enthusiasm and insight as an experienced mechanical engineer contributing to our innovative and growing business. We are an award-winning ABB Robotics Value Provider and Cognex Machine Vision System Integrator. We build small robotic systems to completely integrated production lines for many different manufacturing industries.
ABB specific robotic experience is not required but preferred. The successful candidate has to be both technical and creative with the ability to execute, from ideation and rapid prototyping through to commercialization. They must have a thorough understanding of industrial machine design and other current automation technologies.
This role will also have opportunities to manage specific project teams as a project owner, to be exposed to the overall tasks of resource planning, system responsibility to collaborate with controls, robotic integration and service groups from design to installation, on a rotating basis.
The Ideal candidate will have experience seeing their ideas transform from concept to operating equipment through positive influence with other engineers, technicians, and shop personnel in a similar automation and manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to –
- Conceptualize system layouts
- Design system structures, fixtures, and transfer stations between robot cells, conveyors, shuttles, etc.
- Learn customer production requirements and assist in Design Assurance Matrix creation
- Define end of arm tooling that integrates the robot into customer production processes and equipment
- Support mechanical design requirements on multiple projects as assigned.
- Determine priorities and assignments of tasks within the mechanical engineering portion of projects.
- Prepare design review presentations – negotiate approvals, system concept development ideation approvals.
- Provide complete mechanical design for manufacturing including, but not limited to tooling, fixturing, end of arm tooling, and other mechanical components for robotic systems.
- Mentor multiple designers of varying experience levels on multi-disciplined projects.
- Ensure mechanical quality and safety robustness of assigned projects.
- Requires travel for installs of production equipment or systems.
We offer stimulating challenges in an innovative and creative environment. There is an opportunity for increasing responsibility and rewards with success. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
We are looking for a proactive highly motivated self-starter with an action bias and a strong sense of urgency with the following qualifications:
- Candidate preferably will have an ME, Manufacturing, or Mechatronics degree, but equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of mechanical solutions and/or 5-7 years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience in industrial machine design including the integration of electromechanical or pneumatic motion and robotics
- Knowledge of industrial standards (ANSI and ASME)
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) techniques and materials helpful
- A proficient and certified user of SolidWorks and PDM
- A desire to innovate and create with a willingness to stretch the limits of what’s been done before.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of mechanical design standards, processes, instructions, and strategies to improve our performance as a team.
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Solid organizational skills including detail-oriented personality and multitasking skills.
Job Type: Full-time