House of Design LLC, a robotics system integrator in Nampa, Idaho, is seeking an exceptional Robotic Field Service Engineer who can support our efforts to provide outstanding field support and technical services to our growing customer base of automated solutions. We are an ABB Robotics Value Provider and Cognex Machine Vision System Integrator. We build small robotic systems to completely integrated production lines for many different manufacturing industries.
ABB specific robotic experience is not required, but preferred. The ideal candidate has to be both technical and creative with an ability to execute and have a thorough understanding of industrial robotics and other current automation technologies. The Robotic Field Service Engineer is responsible for timely, efficient, error-free solutions to resolve customers’ needs- whether they are operational issues, replacement or spare parts, documentation, or troubleshooting assistance; to more extensive needs for robot code enhancements and system upgrades.
The ideal candidate will have had experience dealing with customers in demanding manufacturing industries that require strategic planning and tactical execution of integration solutions in a similar automation and controls environment. Education from an EE, Computer Science, or Mechatronics major are preferred. Proven track record of successful interactions with customers resolving problems and implementing solutions within automated systems is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to –
- Troubleshooting, modifying and documenting enhancements to software programming for ABB Robot Controllers using RobotStudio and Rapid code.
- Troubleshooting, modifying and documenting enhancements to graphical human-machine-interfaces (HMI), primarily using ABB equipment.
- Can select appropriate product hardware for robotic systems to resolve customer problems.
- Experience with integration of Safety controllers (PLC) and machine vision systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards in safety and automation systems.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks/Electrical or AutoCAD to understand panel layout, panel schematics and troubleshooting electrical circuits and components.
- Assist with robotic cell program fine-tuning, troubleshooting, panel assembly, and wiring during system builds, installation and warranty service calls.
- Ensure electrical, and software quality and safety robustness of every House of Design robot system prior to leaving customer site when doing service calls.
- Requires up to 50% travel for trouble call resolution, modifications and warranty support, as well as initial installs of production equipment and systems.
We offer satisfying challenges in an innovative and creative environment. There is opportunity for increasing responsibility and rewards with success. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
We are looking for a proactive highly motivated self-starter with an action bias and a strong sense of urgency with the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of Field Service experience in machine/control, software troubleshooting involving the integration of electromechanical or pneumatic motion and robotics
- Candidates with 2-5 years of experience with SolidWorks and ABB RobotStudio are preferred
- A desire to innovate and create with a willingness to stretch the limits of what’s been done before.
- Willingness to implement processes, instructions, and strategies to improve our performance as a team
- Communicate both verbal and written feedback to the home office on all field trouble issues.
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Solid organizational skills including detail-oriented personality and multitasking skills.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot equipment problems and perform system tests.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org